06 September 2014

Week 188 Colour Challenge

For our 
Colour Challenge 
this month we have a yummy combination of colours!
CHOCOLATE MINT
We don't mind the addition of neutral colours or metallics, but would like you to keep essentially to the colours specified.
We are glad to welcome back
Uniko Studio
as our sponsor this month.

Thank you so much Bev!

Here are the cards from us this week!

For this card I've kept it fairly simple but added a 2 layer dragonfly 
die-cut from Clearly Besotted. The top layer is a luxurious chocolate 
glitter card with a mint green layer of vellum beneath.
The sentiment is also Clearly besotted with sequins and pearls to finish.


Peppermint Aero girl!  Julie Nutting stamp paper pieced from an old Basic Grey pad with Simon Says sentiment.  No idea who made the DP along the right hand side but it should have been called Aero Bar if it wasn't!

Milk chocolate here!
This is part of a stamp from Impression Obsession. In fact the stamp has a line of 6 trees, but I simply masked off three of them before inking with Versamark and embossing in gold.
It was gently coloured with Mirage alcohol pens and then twinkled with a little clear Wink of Stella. The embossing folder is from Sizzix. 

Do visit our personal blogs, the links are above our cards... we all try to visit EVERYONE who enters our challenges and reciprocal visits are really appreciated. There is usually more inspiration to be found there for each challenge too!

Anyone for an After Eight?
(For those not resident in the UK... After Eight are very popular chocolate mints!!!)

Hopefully you won't consume too many choccies during the course of this challenge!
***


7 comments:

  1. Definitely be out of my comfort zone for this challenge - two colours I seldom use let alone put together!

    GREAT examples peeps

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge is a little bit out of my comfortzone while I seldom use mint, but chacolate...that´s something else! Beautiful inspiratiomcards again! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, ladies,
    this combination is lovely! I think it is the first time I see it in a challenge blog. And you won't believe me... but this morning I have gone to the supermarket and bought just chocolate and mint ice-cream, which is one of my favourite!
    I'll try to find mint ink or cardstock among all my stash.
    Hugs,

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're going to be responsible for quite a lot of sweet treats among the LiMettes this week ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess I ain't goin' to Heaven ladies :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see this combo, one of my favorite colors to work with :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.