07 January 2012

Week 49 - Colour

Happy New Year to you all!


We do hope you had a good Christmas, we certainly did!
Lots of family time which is always a winner!

So onto the first week of the month and a colour challenge
this time we want to see 
Predominantly Purple
This is a real challenge for both of us too, as neither would naturally make purple her immediate colour choice!!!

We are very kindly being sponsored again by a popular shop
The Craft Barn

They are generously offering a £20 voucher to spend online

Mandi


My card base is Stampin Up (Contact me here )Rich Razzlebury, the stamping is Elegant Eggplant, as is the embossed lines rectangle. I also stamped the sentiment in Elegant Eggplant too. The twine is in a matching shade from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
The stamps are a new purchase Personal Impressions, Marion Emberson designs which I got form QVC.


This other card, I made in a similar vein to this picture I made my Mum for Christmas here
But I'm not completely happy with it in these colours, I'm not a purple person so not overly happy, ~I much prefer the picture in the ivory tone!
All supplies are Stampin Up Elegant Eggplant card base, Rich Razzlebury used for some butterflies, which are cut 'n' emboss ones.

Chrissie
 

From this contribution you can see why Mandi and I got together to make this blog... we think along the same lines and here we have each used the same Embosslits butterfly die for one of our cards.
For mine, I began with a piece of matt silver cardstock (the same as the matting layer) and pounced on it using a felt applicator tool using three different, purple alcohol inks... Eggplant, Purple Twilight and Wild plum, leaving some areas less well covered. I stamped the text stamp over it in Black Stazon and then wiped it off with a baby wipe which removes the alcohol ink where it has been stamped, in this case leaving it silver.
The butterflies were then die cut and embellished with a few gems. The background panel was inked with my favourite technique (sorry if it's getting boring) and over stamped with some Papermania stamps and SU splodges.
The sentiment is a rub on... something that I found lurking at the bottom of a drawer when I was ferreting around looking for inspiration!




This second one is an altogether simpler proposition. The sentiment was computer generated and then die cut with a Spellbinder's tag.The purple panel, I found in my scrap store already embossed with a Cuttlebug stylised flowers folder.
The white matting layer was edged with a Spellbinders Edgeability die and the ribbon holes made with a Tonic punch and an X Cut punch positioning gizmo and scored using a score board.
My friend will be coming round later today to pick it up... how odd that she asked for purple when our challenge was set months ago!


At present I'm on a course of antibiotics for a persistent cough, which is making me rattle somewhat. I shall be glad when it abates.
We really hope that you have all escaped the dreaded bugs and will continue to have a wonderful New Year.
We can't wait to see what fabulous contributions you'll come up with.

39 comments:

  1. Oooo a tricky colour… not my fave either! Love your cards as usual ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love purple (sounds like I'm a minority)! can't wait to get cracking.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and beautiful colors. But specially for me the third one. The combination and colors are fabulous.
    have a nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! Great colour choice and beautiful examples especially as it's not a favourite they're all inspirational:0) I'm off to play now, Thanks ladies, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning. Glad you are back, I missed the challenge. I love purple, and I do already have an idea. Now find the time to make it.
    If your examples become more beautiful I do not think I dare to participate anymore. Your work is soo great! Thanks for the inspiration and the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good start to the year - I love purple & all it's variations.
    Now to go & see what I can do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandi and Chrissie,
    There a lots of different purples, and many of them are not to my liking either. However, I am very partial to Concord Crush [royal purple?]. Thanks for starting the year with a great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. No prob for me as I love purple. Great cards ladies.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love your choice of colour for this challenge:)

    Hugs, Outi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladies,

    Sorry I haven't been able to participate in the last few challenges due to sickness but you have a cracker of a challenge to get me back into them. What with an entire purple blog I had to like purple!! Thnaks for a great challenge and I love your cards,

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love purple and strangely enough just made a card with a purplish hue...may use that one or make another. Thanks for another great challenge :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drooooooool time again this week, fabulous cards ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favourite colours although I don't tend to use it very often in my card making.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new Challenge. Purple is great choice. I'll get to work ASAP :-)
    Happy Crafting to everyone. Katarina XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ladies, these are just lovely, and such rich gorgeous colours. I love the clean lines and the less is more is so refreshing...

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The purple is wonderful! On the card that Chrissie made you referenced "favorite technique" - even though I view these cards all the time, I am not sure what exactly that is, so please don't think it is boring! You never know when one is going to be just the right look and then you are stuck because you are not sure what "favorite" is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love purple--great samples.Thanks for the creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab cards ladies and a very Happy New Year to you both. Chrissie are you still having trouble with your blog, it just goes blank on me!!!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Having a trawl through the entries each week is always a pleasure. This week has been exception so many wonderful CAS cards with just a drawing or design in purple on plain white card. Great week XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards, ladies. Good to have a colour challenge to start off the New Year!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got carried away with the colour theme again!! Lovely to have Less is More back again after the holidays and a great challenge to get us all started. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and that the New Year has started well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Life keeps getting in my way so managed to grad a bit back today and have made a card for this week, Love yours ladies, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Mandi & Chrissie you have another fabulous challenge on the way Predominantly Purple not a colour l would used either but having seen the enteries this colour is growing on me, your cards are adorable and it's always a pleasure to take part in this challenge Thank you:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not a colour I lean towards either but all the more fun for that! Thanks for another lovely challenge ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year ladies thank you for another fabulous challenge

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love purple, so is a pleasure to participate to this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing, how the experience with these challenges. All the time I play great and admire the work of others. Lim is a constant source of inspiration. Thank you. Well have fun in such company.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some really great work from both DT's and entries

    ReplyDelete
  29. Than you for another great challenge, Chrissie and Mandi. Fabulous inspiration from you both:)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lots of Inspiration for this challenge thanks Chrissie and Mandi great cards

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for giving that little push each week.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am really enjoying this challenge, after the red and green PURPLE at last!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Not a colour scheme I usually go for but I really enjoyed this one! Hope I'm getting the hang of 'Less Is More' at last. A belated Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow gorgeous samples and submissions! I love purple!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fabulous challenge! Purple is my FAVORITE color, but I rarely craft with it! Your DT projects are AMAZING. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. My school color was PURPLE. So I LOVE it even after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  37. My thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment on my blog and my apologies to those blogs I've not been able to visit whilst blogger is playing up - all the purple entries have been FAB-U-LOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  38. A litlle bit close, but just in time for this challenge... liked your DT cards...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for your feedback on my card, Chrissy. Have I misunderstood the challenge requirement? ie not a lot of white space, I thought that predominately purple meant that there wouldn't be much,if any, white showing. I'm new to SLIM and CAS cards so will probably make a few more mistakes along the way :o)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.